Empire Fighting Chance delivers the largest non-contact boxing programme for schools in the UK. We work with Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and alternative provisions across Bristol, the South West, South Wales, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire. We also provide specialist alternative provision for students at risk of permanent exclusion.
We have over 10 years’ experience of working with education providers. We offer the following programmes for students who are at risk of permanent exclusion and/or experience low self-esteem and confidence:
- Group non-contact boxing, mentoring and personal development programme
- Individual non-contact boxing, mentoring and personal development programme
- Alternative education programme of sport, personal development, key skills and ASDAN/AQA accredited awards
Our priority is to support students to transition into mainstream education, or prevent exclusion from school. Our programmes provide students with the skills and resilience to cope with the challenges of everyday school life. We also offer pathways into our other services, including boxing therapy and careers support.
Our programmes help to achieve several Ofsted Outcomes, including:
- Increased achievement of students at the school
- Improved behaviour and safety of students
- Improved moral and social-cultural development of students
Other proven benefits of our programmes include:
- Improved school attendance
- Improved behavioural issues
- Reduced disruptive behaviour
- Increased confidence and self esteem
- Higher aspirations and motivation
You can see our outstanding results on our Impact page.
As one secondary school teacher told us:
“Of the last group of students working with Empire, nine of them could have been excluded 10 times over. But they have all gone onto better things. They could have been excluded and been out on the streets. Instead they’re in college now, with some studying construction and engineering. It’s been a great partnership between Empire and our school, and if it wasn’t for them, the kids I had last year would probably have ended up behind bars or doing nothing at all. They have supported the school and we’re supporting them. It’s a great partnership.”
If you would like to find out more about how we could support your school please contact our Head of Business Development, Jamie Parry on firstname.lastname@example.org.