Giving your time is a fun and rewarding way to support Empire Fighting Chance. A little of your time can go a long way in transforming a young person’s future. It can also be an opportunity to learn new skills and make new friends.
You can volunteer individually, with your friends, or with your colleagues and do so as a regular volunteer, or as a one-off.
There are many ways you can help us, including:
- Mentoring: provide practical advice to support young people to progress into employment (e.g. CV writing, interview skills or specific skills such as budgeting).
- Careers workshops: deliver workshops for small groups of young people to develop employability skills (e.g. communication) and to secure employment (e.g. interview skills).
- Workplace visits or work experience: host visits or short periods of work experience at workplaces to showcase careers and jobs for small groups or individuals.
- Physical training: help young people complete their Assistant Gym Instructor course through participating in a practice session. Volunteers offer feedback to help young people improve their skills (e.g. communication).
- Enterprise programme: mentor young people while they participate in our enterprise project and form a panel of Dragon’s Den-like judges to assess business ideas.
- Strategic support: help us to solve strategic issues (e.g. developing a business model to expand through social franchising).
To find out more about volunteering with Empire Fighting Chance, get in touch by calling 0117 233 8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org