We are determined to achieve greater impact for young people across the UK.
Our vision is for boxing clubs around the country to be delivering our boxing and intensive personal support programmes, to challenge and inspire young people to realise their unique potential and transform their lives.
In 2016, we scaled our work to South Wales, establishing ourselves across the region. The results from our Welsh programme over the past six years have proven that our work can be delivered successfully in multiple locations.
So, in 2021, we launched a partnership with England Boxing to build a national network of amateur boxing clubs called Powered by Empire Fighting Chance.
We’re connecting with clubs that want to transform their role in their local community and deliver our Training with the Champions programme to young people.
In March 2022 we successfully delivered our first training programme to six boxing clubs. Now, fifteen clubs have joined our growing network, from Newquay to Newcastle, Wrexham to Watford, with further training for new clubs days taking place in June and October 2022, and more planned for 2023.
We will work with boxing clubs that can demonstrate they have:
- A commitment to delivering our work and forming a partnership. We are looking for clubs that want to become more than an amateur boxing club and have a social impact in their local community
- A cultural fit with Empire Fighting Chance, to ensure a strong partnership
- The right foundations – particularly facilities, staff, safeguarding, and a healthy financial position
- A strong reputation and credibility in their local area
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups of young people
We offer boxing clubs a free, intensive two-day training programme at our state-of-the-art gym in Bristol. We cover the costs of accommodation, dinner and travel expenses for those taking part. We will then provide at least 12 months of ongoing, tailored support to partners, recognising that different clubs are at different stages of development.
By 2025, we aim to:
- Operate across multiple regions in the UK, prioritising the South West, North East, North West and South East of England, and Wales
- Work alongside 25 boxing clubs to deliver our programmes in their deprived neighbourhoods
- Triple the number of young people we reach each year to 15,000
Is your club interested in partnering with Empire Fighting Chance to change young lives in your area?
To learn more about the Powered by Empire Fighting Chance network, please complete an expression of interest form. Or, for more information, please contact Aaron Morten, Growth and Development Manager, at email@example.com
Watch England Boxing‘s film about our training day in March: