Boxing & Careers, our careers and education programme, supports 16 – 25 year-olds on their journey into training, learning and work, as well as a healthier, brighter future.
We integrate non-contact boxing into traditional employability support. By improving physical and mental health through the sport, young people become more open to new opportunities, develop a more positive attitude to work, and are better equipped to make those crucial next-step decisions to thrive in life.
Our Boxing & Careers programme includes:
- Three careers programmes: Heavyweight Hustle, Streetwise with Money, Empire Strength and Conditioning
- Education support to achieve a BTEC Diploma in Sport qualification or a range of AQA Awards
- Actively finding suitable job opportunities for young people through our growing network of local employer partners
In 2021 we supported 299 young people to progress into careers:
- 96% felt more confident and motivated about their career
- 84% have improved skills for work
- 84% have improved career-planning skills
Find out more about Empire Fighting Chance’s employability support at the pages below.